WFPB Family’s Power Bowl Tips
A staple in our house and something I recommend for EVERYONE are Power Bowls.
They are SUPER easy to make, SUPER nutritious and most importantly extremely easy to switch up so you NEVER get sick of the same thing.
Power Bowl Basics
1. Start with a huge bed of greens, any kind. Mixed, spinach, arugula and herbs are the ones we use the most
2. Top with a whole grain. Quinoa, Brown Rice, Cous Cous etc.
3. Add the rainbows 🌈 all different kinds of vegetables and fruit. Don’t be scared to try it all. When you are shopping just start tossing the produce into the cart like you know what you are doing (half the time I don’t have a clue) and then when it’s prep time just pick. Always change it up to keep it fresh.
4. Add a dried fruit of some sort. This ads a wonderful texture and honestly who doesn’t like dried fruit 🤷🏻♂️
5. Top with Nuts and Seeds.
Pistachios, sunflower, sesame, pumpkin, hemp hearts, chia seeds etc. Pick 2 each time and again mix it up.
6. Top each one with 1/2 of an avocado 🥑 ❤️
Make enough of the grain that you will be using for at least 2-3 nights at a time.
We can toss these together for 7 people in 5-10 minutes depending what we had prepped. We also try wash and prep enough veggies for 3-4 days at a time and just mix up the ones we use.