Kitchen Gadgets and Appliances that we have found helpful in our Journey to Health
- A good blender. This truly makes all the difference in the world. For smoothies and sauces you wouldn’t believe the difference in both texture and taste that it makes. I recommend Vitamix or Blendtech. We have a Vitamix A3500 and it is AMAZING. You might not “need” all the extra features it comes with but when you can push the smoothie button and just walk away 🤯😉 https://www.vitamix.com/ca/en_us/shop/a3500
- Pressure cooker. I cannot believe how many hours this has saved in our life. Making quinoa, rice, soups, stews, carrot hot dogs and chili’s etc. https://store.instantpot.ca/products/duo-plus-60-9-in-1-6-quart
- Air Fryer. Excellent for quick job of roasting veggies and crisping tofu/tempeh etc. We picked up the Ninja Foodi XL. It is like a Swiss Army knife in the kitchen. It Air Frys, pressure cooks, slow cooks, roasts and bakes. https://m.ninjakitchen.ca/en/
- Food Processor. This helps immensely with cutting prep time down. The one we picked is a Breville BFP820. It does EVERYTHING from chopping, grating, shredding, mixing, blending etc. https://www.breville.com/us/en/products/food-processors/bfp820.html
- Juicer. We have had a few different models and the ones we like are a slow juicer as the juice lasts much longer and doesn’t become oxidized. Also tastes much better. We love our Hurom and had great luck with our Greenstar as well. https://www.hurom.com/products/hurom-h-ai-slow-juicer
- A very good set of knives. We have slowly been adding the J.A. Henckels Pro line to our kitchen. It is amazing how much time a good knife saves you along with how much safer it is to use. https://www.zwilling.ca/product/zwilling-pro-santoku-7-180-mm-granton-edge/
- Food Dehydrator We are using an Excalibur Dehydrator. It does absolutely everything very well. I highly recommend this brand as we have had others in the past and they just didn’t last.
- Food batching Storage containers. When you are doing your batching for a few days at a time it is great to have a bunch of readily available containers of different sizes. (Amazon has an amazing selection)
- Meal prep containers. Think of lunch bento boxes so easy to quickly portion out lunches for the week and help keep you on track. (Also check Amazon for amazing deals on meal prep containers)
- Glass pantry containers. For your nuts, seeds, rice, quinoa etc.It is so nice to have everything labeled and at your fingertips without the bulky packaging from the store. You can also order chalkboard labels that work perfect for labeling everything.
- Extra fridge. For some of you with a larger family (we have 7) this will be a necessity if you don’t want to be stopping at the grocery store every day. We keep all of the prepped meals and bags/boxes of salads in there and it helps them keep longer as that fridge isn’t opened and closed nearly as often as the one in the house.
I hope this list helps and remember you do not “need” any of these to start the transition to a healthy lifestyle. Christmases and Birthdays are coming and now you can have something truly excited to be adding to your kitchen 🎄🎁❤️
Please let us know what kitchen gadgets you use and also what are your favorite brands etc. I look forwards to seeing everyone’s lists.